August 29&30: Make Big Oil Pay!
- Oakland North: Activists prepare for demonstration to “make big oil pay”
- Democracy Now coverage featuring Reverend Kenneth Davis (at 2:22)
- IndyBay.org: Make Big Oil Pay! March and Civil Disobedience
- Reuters: SF Activists Mark Katrina Anniversary with Big Oil Protest
- USA Today: SF Activists Mark Katrina Anniversary with Big Oil Protest
- ABC News: 15 arrested in big oil protest
- Its Getting Hot In Here blog: Blockade at BP San Francisco Offices on 5th anniversary of Katrina; 15 Arrested; 150 March
- Oakland Tribune–Opinion: Bay Area residents hold the power to make Big Oil pay
- Four Green Steps: Why I will engage in non-violent direct action against Big Oil
- Greenpeace Blog: Why I am willing to risk arrest to Stand Up to Big Oil!
April 15: Rally against Carbon Trading
- San Francisco Bay Guardian: SF’s Tax Day protests: Progressives 300, Teabaggers 4
- IndyBay: San Francisco Solidarity with Copenhagen
December 7: Protest at Chevron Corporate Headquarters
- CBS5: Arrests In Chevron San Ramon Protest
- Contra Costa Times: Protest at Summit’s Start Causes a Stir in East Bay
- SF Gate: Protests at Chevron
- Oakland Tribune: Chevron protest draws spirit crowd in San Ramon
November 30: National Day of Action for Climate Justice
October 24th International Day of Climate Action
September 21: West Coast Convergence for Climate Justice and Action
August 15: Chevron protest
- Michael Reagan, “Why We Protest Chevron,” Berkeley Daily Planet opinion piece, August 13, 2009.
- Doug Jastrow, “Protesters March on Chevron Refinery in Richmond,” Contra Costa Times, August 15, 2009.
- Oakland Tribune (reprint of Contra Costa Times story)
- Tri Valley Herald (reprint of Contra Costa Times story)
- Inside Bay Area (reprint of Contra Costa Times story)
- Chico News & Review, “Chevron scolded: Activists shut down Richmond streets in protest of oil refinery,” August 20, 2009.
- Oakland Tribune, “Editorial: The ball is in Chevron’s court concerning the Richmond refinery,” August 20, 2009.
- IndyBay.org, “Mobilization: Chevron Killing People and the Planet for Profit,” August 15, 2009.
- MC Jista, “Protesters Descend on Chevron’s Richmond Refinery For Climate Justice, To ‘Cap The Crude,” Common Dreams.org, August 18, 2009.
- It’s Getting Hot in Here (blog), Dispatches from the Youth Climate Movement, August 15, 2009.
- The Understory (blog) Rainforest Action Network, August 15, 2009.
- The Ruckus Society (blog), “Cleaning Up Chevron,” August 16, 2009.
- J. Shields, “Protest, No More Blood for Oil,” Associated Content.com, August 14, 2009.
- KTVU TV Channel 2 evening newscasts (protest coverage) 8/15/09
- 8/14 – KPFA Morning Show (Ana Orozco, CBE; Torm Nompraseurt, APEN)
- 8/14 – Pirate Cat Radio, SF (Ananda Tan Lee, MCJ, GAIA)
- 8/14 – John Grebe, WZBC-FM Radio News, Greater Boston, Sounds of Dissent, (Antonia Juhasz, GX)
- KPFA Evening News (starting at ~11:32), August 15, 2009 (protest coverage)
- 8/17 – KMUD Radio, Garberville, California (Ananda Tan Lee, MCJ, GAIA)
- 8/19 – WMBR Boston – What’s Left – with Linda Pinkow (Antonia Juhasz, GX)